May 16, 2014

Polymer Clay Bird Ornaments - Kids Art Class

Okay, I guess didn't really think this through when I planned this for my May art class.  It wasn't intended to be a Christmas project but even if I choose denial and call it a "wall hanging" we all know it's really an ornament. Oh well! The kids loved it.

It actually took very little time since we used a cookie cutter to make the bird shapes. I had a template for them to trace and cut out the wings also.  Then they used various stamps and tools to create texture in their clay.  Glass beads were also used to embellish.  I baked them for 45 minutes at 265 degrees.  And the cookie cutter (purchased on Amazon) is now relegated to clay use only.   I glazed them with a clay varnish and added ribbon to hang (not shown). 























4 comments:

  1. I am really pleased to read this web site posts which carries tons of valuable data.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for providing such information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your technique of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I book marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete